Charging an Electric Vehicle, How long does it take?
Electric cars are becoming increasingly popular amongst UK drivers. Heycar report that 'electric car sales have increased by 186%' compared to 2020. There are currently approximately 370,000 EV cars driven on UK roads as well as 710,000 hybrid vehicles (PHEV's). With these vehicle types becoming increasingly popular, within this article we are going to let you know how you can charge an electric car- as well as answering many other important questions surrounding electric vehicle (EV) tyres.
How long does it take to charge an electric car?
If you are wanting to know how long it takes to charge an electric car, this can depend on a variety on factors. Some electric vehicles can be fully charged in 30 minutes, while some electric vehicles and cars make take up to six hours to charge.
Key factors to take into account when estimating how long an EV Vehicle will take to charge:
- Weather conditions: At a lower temperature, the battery will take longer to charge.
- Battery size: If the battery is larger, it will take longer to charge.
- Status of battery: An empty battery will take longer to get to full charge.
- Maximum charging rate: Every electric car will have a maximum charging rate. This maximum rate will not be exceeded, even if you are using a fast charging point.
- Rate of charging point: If you are charging at home or at a public charging point, the charging speeds will depend of the maximum rate of the charging point being used.
How far do electric cars go?
Many electric vehicles can travel up to 250 miles on a full charge. To find your local charging point please click on the green button below.
Where can I buy electric vehicle (EV) tyres for my car?
At National Tyres and Autocare, on our website, we sell a number of electric vehicles tyres. To find electric vehicle tyres, head to our homepage and enter your vehicle registration or tyre size. Once you have confirmed your tyre size, please use the filtering option and head to 'Filter by Technology'. You will then be able to tick the option for 'Electric Vehicles'. Within the search results, please look for tyres with the symbol 'EV'.
How long does it take to charge an electric car at home?
If you are looking to charge your car at home, this will again depend on the maximum charging rate of your vehicle and home charger.
Finding your local charging point
To find your local public charging points please click on the green button below. Please note that this will take you to an external website.