National's experience in the fast fit industry stretches back over 30 years and today we have 250 branches throughout the UK. As the UK's largest independent fast fit company you can be assured that our buying power benefits you. We only sell parts produced by the world's leading manufacturers and with our range of comprehensive guarantees and fully trained staff, National is the only place to visit when you need help and advice.
All new tyres carry an unlimited mileage guarantee against manufacturing defects throughout the legal life of the tyre. (Tyres may have to be returned to the manufacturer for inspection if a claim is made. If a defect is found, payment will be made according to the tyre depth remaining on the tyre. Click here for more information on this process)
ACCIDENTAL LIFETIME TYRE GUARANTEE
We also offer an accidental impact damage guarantee for £5 for 13 and 14 inch wheels and £7.50 for 15 inch and above. This guarantee covers all passenger tyres in any speed rating sustaining accidental damage to the tread or sidewall during the legal lifetime of the tyre. Run-flat tyres are not be covered by this guarantee.
For more information about our accidental impact damage tyre guarantee click here
Batteries are sold with a free of charge replacement guarantee against faults or defects for a fixed period from the date of original purchase. They are either 4 or 5 years depending on the type of battery. The guarantee period for your battery is printed on the cash sales invoice.
All exhausts including short and full systems come with three years unlimited mileage guarantee. Catalytic converters and single parts are also covered by a two year guarantee.
Brake pads, shoes, discs, drums and cylinders have a 2 years / 24,000 miles guarantee (whichever is sooner).
STEERING & SUSPENSION
Ball-joints, steering racks, track rods are all covered by a 2 years / 24,000 miles guarantee (whichever is sooner).
Vehicle tracking adjustment cannot be covered by National guarantees as it is affected by road conditions and driving style. However, should you have reason to believe that further adjustment is required, we will check and re-adjust (if necessary) free of charge within 30 days of purchase.
Shock absorbers and coil springs are covered by a 2-year unlimited mileage guarantee.
All parts replaced during a service are covered by a 24,000 mile or two year guarantee (whichever is sooner).
OTHER MECHANICAL PARTS
All other mechanical parts fitted by National come with a 2 years / 24,000 miles guarantee (whichever is sooner).
PLEASE NOTE: GUARANTEES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AND APPLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER ONLY. YOUR INVOICE/RECEIPT MUST BE PRESENTED FOR ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS.
We're so confident in the quality of our tyres that we're prepared to offer a Tyre Guarantee against accidental impact damage. At just £5.00 for 13 and 14 inch wheels and £7.50 for 15 inch and upwards, our tyre guarantees provide you with complete peace of mind should the unexpected happen.
To order your Tyre Guarantee, simply add the quantity in your shopping basket when you place your tyre order.
ACCIDENTAL IMPACT DAMAGE COVER
If your car tyre sustains accidental damage to the tread or sidewall during the legal lifetime of the tyre, ie up to 1.6mm remaining tread depth, which cannot be repaired by National to British Standard BSAU/159, the tyre will be replaced with a new tyre at the prevailing price minus an allowance based on the tread depth remaining on the damaged tyre.
YOUR ALLOWANCES ARE:
Any tyre replaced under this guarantee will be re-valved and re-balanced free of charge.
Any punctures sustained during this period will be repaired to British Standard BSAU/159 free of charge. A new tubeless valve will be fitted if necessary and the wheel will be re-balanced as required at no cost to you. Punctures which are not repairable will be given a discount on a new tyre based on the allowance table above.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Lifetime Tyre Guarantee
- The Lifetime Tyre Guarantee is available on all tyres (excluding run flat tyres and winter tyres) sold by any subsidiary of Halfords Group plc providing that a guarantee is purchased at the point of purchase of the tyre and subject to the exclusions in the terms and conditions.
- The Lifetime Tyre Guarantee covers the consumer for manufacturer defects as well as accidental damage.
- If a defect is found during the legal lifetime of the tyre (ie upto 1.6mm remaining tread depth), which cannot be repaired to British Standard BSAU/159 then the customer will be given a discount on a new tyre depending on how much tread remains on the tyre.
General Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion (the ‘Promotion’) is organised and hosted by Halfords, Icknield Street Drive, Washford West, Redditch, B98 0DE (the "Sponsor").
- This guarantee applies to all tyres (excluding run flat tyres and winter tyres) for which a guarantee has been purchased, and which are purchased and fitted at any subsidiary of Halfords Group plc including Halfords Autocentres, Halfords.com, TyresOnTheDrive.com, National Tyres and McConechy’s centres
- The recommended retail price for the guarantee is £5.00 for tyres fitting wheels with 13 and 14 inch wheel
trims, and £7.50 for tyres fitting wheels with wheel rims of 15 inches and upwards.
- The guarantee may be purchased from Halfords Group garages and autocentres, from Halfords Mobile Expert, and online by adding this to the online shopping basket. At the point of purchase the customer will be provided with a tyre guarantee leaflet (the “Leaflet”) which provides information regarding the guarantee. The Leaflet must be completed by the issuing centre with the details of the tyre to which the guarantee relates.
- The Lifetime Guarantee will cover the customer for any manufacturer defects as well as accidental damage.
- If a defect or puncture is found with the tyre, then if it is possible to do so, we will repair the tyre to British Standard BSAU/159 free of charge.
- If the tyre has irreparable damage we will give the customer a discount on a replacement tyre depending on how much tyre tread is remaining.
- The original tyre purchased must have been maintained correctly in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- This guarantee is valid provided there is a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm on the tyre.
- All claims must be accompanied by the original invoice and the fully completed original guarantee certificate issued at the time of purchase.
- This guarantee applies to the price of the relevant tyre(s) as at the date of purchase of the replacement tyre(s).
- The tyre must have been balanced and a new valve fitted where necessary by the relevant Halfords Group entity at the time of original purchase.
- The tyre must have been fitted to a vehicle and must have been used for normal road use. Off road use, racing, deliberate or malicious damage will invalidate the guarantee.
- This guarantee is available to private motorists only. It does not cover tyres used on taxis, cabs, company owned cars, driving school vehicles, private hire vehicles or vehicles used for other commercial or business purposes.
- This guarantee is limited to cars and car derived vans; and expressly excludes tyres fitted to vans, pickups, motorcycles and car derived campers.
- If the claim is successful, you will receive a discount on your new tyre based on the remaining tread depth of the current tyre.
- Puncture repairs to British Standard BSAU/159 can only be undertaken in the repairable tread area of the tyre. (Repairable area marked with a red T).
- The remaining tread depth of the tyre will be judged from taking an average of three tread depth readings across the repairable area of the tyre, none of which must be below 1.6mm.
- Tyres with a suspected manufacturing fault or tyres with irreparable damage will be replaced at the rates on the remaining tread depth chart, below.
Remaining Tread Replacement Discount
7mm and above
Between 6mm and 7mm
Between 5mm and 6mm
Between 4mm and 5mm
Between 3mm and 4mm
Between 2mm and 3mm
Between 1.6mm and 2mm
Less than 1.6mm
- The guarantee applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable. It applies from the date of purchase for the life of the tyre for which it was purchased. Replacement tyres will not be guaranteed from the date of the original purchase and will require a new guarantee.
- Whilst the guarantee is available on tyres purchased from and fitted by Tyres on the Drive and Halfords Mobile Expert, it may only be redeemed at fixed garages and autocentres operated by Halfords Group plc subsidiaries. Repairs and replacements are not available from Tyres on the Drive or Halfords Mobile Expert.
- This guarantee does not cover rapid or uneven wear caused by vehicle defects.
- This guarantee is invalid if the tyre is removed or repaired by any other company or individual.
- This guarantee only covers replacement tyres equivalent or greater than the OE recommended speed and load index. We will make every possible effort to locate an exact replacement for the tyre, however if that is not possible, i.e. the tyre is obsolete, has been superseded or is out of stock, we reserve the right to offer an alternative.
- Refitting, rebalancing and standard valves will not be charged for unless the vehicle requires a specialist valve, for example but not limited to a TPMS sensor valve for which there will be a charge.
- This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights which are unaffected.
How to Make a Claim
If the customer suspects the tyre to be suffering from accidental damage or a manufacturer defect then the vehicle can be taken back to any Halfords Group garage and a fully qualified technician will inspect the tyre.
The guarantee may only be redeemed at fixed garages and autocentres operated by Halfords Group plc subsidiaries. Repairs and replacements are not available from Tyres on the Drive or Halfords Mobile Expert.
The guarantee covers material or manufacturing defects, and irreparable damage caused by normal road use. It excludes damaged caused by the following:
- A mechanical defect in the vehicle
- Use of unsuitable wheels
- Not maintaining correct tyre pressure
- Carrying or towing loads in excess of vehicle specification
- Improper or prolonged use of snow chains
- Use in competitive sport and/or off road use
- Removal of a wheel or poor fitting of the tyre
- Acts of God, criminal or malicious damage, vandalism, fire, or theft
- Road traffic accident damage or ensuing problems
- Repair by a non-Halfords Group plc garage
- Use of tyre that doesn’t match the vehicle specification
- Prolonged contact with acids, solvents or oils
Your statutory rights are not affected by the terms of this Guarantee.