Everything You Need To Know About A Major Car Service
Car maintenance is essential to keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely on the road. One important aspect of car maintenance is a major car service. In this blog, we will take a detailed look at what a major car service is, why it is necessary, and what to expect during the service.
What is a Major Car Service?
A major car service, not to be confused with a full service, is a comprehensive check of your vehicle's various systems and components. It is designed to ensure that your car is running optimally and to identify and fix any issues before they become more serious and costly to repair.
To book a major service for your vehicle, click the button below.
Why is a Major Car Service Necessary?
A major car service is a crucial part of vehicle maintenance as it helps to keep your car running smoothly, safely and efficiently. It can help to extend the life of your vehicle and avoid costly repairs in the future. Regular major services can also help to maintain the resale value of your car.
When does my car need a Major Service?
A major car service should be done bi-annually. This is because, during the major service, we will replace any parts on your vehicle that are recommended to be changed every two years. Having a major service done bi-annually will ensure that your car is safe to drive and reliable.
What to Expect During a Major Car Service?
A major car service typically includes a thorough check of the following systems and components:
- Engine and Transmission: The engine oil, oil filter, and air filter will be replaced, and the engine and transmission will be checked for any signs of wear and tear.
- Brakes: The brakes will be checked for wear and effectiveness, and the brake fluid levels will be checked and topped up if necessary.
- Steering and Suspension: The steering and suspension components will be checked for any signs of wear and tear, and the wheels will be aligned if necessary.
- Electrical Systems: The battery, alternator, and starter motor will be checked to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Tyres: The condition and pressure of the tyres will be checked, and they will be rotated if necessary.
- Exhaust System: The exhaust system will be checked for any signs of corrosion or damage.
- Cooling System: The coolant levels will be checked and topped up if necessary, and the radiator and hoses will be checked for leaks.
What's the difference between a full and a major service?
A major service offers a few extras on top of the full service. Alongside a regular annual service, the major service will also undertake a thorough safety check on your vehicle. This ensures that your vehicle is running as efficiently as possible.
Your service history will also be stamped as a major service, rather than a full service. This can help add value to your vehicle if you're looking to ell it, as any potential buyers will be able to see that it has had a thorough health check.
For more information and a full list of the differences, click the button below.
A major car service is an important aspect of vehicle maintenance that helps to keep your car running smoothly, safely, and efficiently. It is a comprehensive check of your car's various systems and components and can help to avoid costly repairs in the future. Regular major services can also help to maintain the resale value of your car. If you want to ensure that your vehicle is running at its best, be sure to schedule a major car service at regular intervals.