Tyre Puncture Repair
Tyre Repair : Puncture Repairs
Puncture repairs are carried out in accordance with NTDA and BSAUl59 regulations which stipulate that:
- Tyres can only be repaired in the area marked 'T'.
- For tyres rated 'V' and above, only one repair is allowed.
NOTE: NEVER FIT AN INNER TUBE WITH A TUBELESS TYRE
EXCEPT ON A TUBE TYPE WHEEL
Minor penetration repairs are not permitted in this area.
In every case the tyre should be inspected and if any of the following are noted then it shouldn't be repaired:
- Illegal tread depth (below 1.6mm across the central ¾ of the tyre tread throughout the entire circumference)
- Run flat damage - breakdown of the tyre's structural integrity
- Secondary damage - caused by the injuring object
- Ageing/deterioration of tyre rubber
- Bead damage
- Exposed cords
- Faulty/poor previous repairs