Important information about your right to cancel and other legal rights
Right to cancel
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, you have the right to cancel this contract if you wish within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you receive delivery of the goods or products. For example, if we provide you with the confirmation email on 1 January and the goods are fitted to your vehicle by the fitting centre on 5th January you many cancel at any time between the 1st January and the end of the day on 19th January.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (National Tyre Service Limited, Heaton Lane, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 1BS, telephone: 0161 480 7461, Fax: 0161 477 0886, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the model cancellation form provided below if you wish.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive standard delivery offered by us). However, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
Due to the nature of our business it is highly unlikely that we will be able to attribute any value to your tyres if they returned after they have been fitted to your vehicle and used. After tyres have been fitted to your vehicle and used they become second hand tyres. At NTS we have a strict policy against the sale of second hand tyres, this is in accordance with our membership of the National Tyre Distributors Association. Therefore, in the majority of cases we will deduct the full contract price from your refund which would result in you receiving no refund. Please ensure that you fully examine the tyres before they are fitted to your vehicle.
Below are some helpful examples demonstrating our returns policy:
- If you cancel your contract for the purchase of tyres before the tyres are fitted to your vehicle then we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive standard delivery offered by us).
- If you cancel your contract after the tyres are fitted to your vehicle but before you drive away from the fitting centre then we will reimburse to you all payments received from you less a charge of approximately £15 per tyre. This charge represents the estimated reduction in value of each tyre.
- If you cancel your contract after the tyres are fitted to your vehicle and also after they have been used (i.e. you have driven on them) then it is highly unlikely that we will be able to attribute any value to your tyres and in the majority of cases we will deduct the full contract price from your refund which would result in you receiving no refund.
We will make the reimbursement (after deduction of the diminished value and supplementary delivery costs) without undue delay, and not later than
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods.
You will be required to send back the goods or hand them over to us at the fitting centre where the goods were delivered [or to your nearest NTS fitting centre if the goods were fitted by a Mobile Tyre Fitter], without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
If you purchase a service only product from our website (for example, a MOT service) and this service is performed within your cancellation period (because you have expressly requested this by choosing a fitting day within your cancellation period) then you will lose your right to cancel and will not be entitled to a refund. This is because you have chosen to have the service completed within the cancellation period and the service has been fully completed. Please note that this does not apply to actual goods purchased which may still be returned after they have been fitted to your vehicle.
Model Cancellation Form
This Model Cancellation Form may be used to exercise your right to cancel and can be delivered in person, by email, by fax or sent by post. Please ensure that you complete all the required information.
To: National Tyre Service Limited, Regent House, Heaton Lane, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 1BS, Telephone: 0161 480 7461, Fax: 0161 477 0886, email: email@example.com
I/We [*] hereby give notice and I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s)
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
[*] Delete as appropriate.
- Complaints should be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Regent House, Heaton Lane, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 1BS or you may telephone our customer service team on 0808 159 5335.
- If you submit your complaint by email then an acknowledgement will be sent to you shortly thereafter.
- Your complaint will be examined within 2 working days.
- We may require additional information in order to resolve your complaint and we will contact you by e-mail or telephone if this is the case.
- We aim to have all complaints resolved within 5 working days.
- If this is still unsatisfactory to you, you have the right to raise your complaint with your local Trading Standards office or your local Citizens' Advice Bureau (www.adviceguide.org.uk).
- Manufacturer Guarantees - some/all of the goods we sell to you come with a manufacturer's guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to our guarantee page [https://www.national.co.uk/information/guarantees]
- Fitting Warranty - we also guarantee the fitting of your goods by your chosen fitting centre or by your mobile tyre fitter.
- Additional Tyre Guarantee - you may also purchase an Accidental Damage Lifetime Guarantee, please click the link for full details [https://www.national.co.uk/information/guarantees].