How often should you service your car?

Author Name – Jack Underwood

   

At National Tyres and Autocare, we offer different servicing options for a wide variety of cars or vans. In this article, we are going to let you know how often you should service your car and how here at National Tyres and Autocare, we are able to help you along the way.

how often should you service your car

At National Tyres and Autocare, we have a range of car servicing options that you can pick from. We offer an Express Service, which a 25-point check aimed at drivers who are wanting that extra peace of mind before a long journey, or if your car has not been driven for an extended period of time. We advise that you undertake an Interim Service at the midway point between your last MOT check. This is a more extensive servicing check when compared to an Express Service. We also have a Full Service option, this is our most comprehensive car service where a 51 point check is undertaken on your vehicle.  Your vehicle can you serviced at your local National Tyres and Autocare branch.

To find out what checks are undertaken in each one of our servicing options, please click on the related article below.

Related: Servicing Packages

Regular Servicing Intervals

We recommend that you service your car at regular service intervals. On some vehicles, you will get a warning light on your dashboard, which will tell you when your car needs a service. To find out what each dashboard warning light means, please click on the related article below.

Related: Dashboard Warning Lights

Express Service

If you have not driven your vehicle for an extended period of time and your car battery has been sat unused, we would recommend going for an Express Service at your local National Tyres and Autocare branch.

Interim Service

Every six months, we would recommend that you book your car or van in for an Interim Service at National. An extensive 39-point check will be undertaken on your vehicle. This is particularly beneficial if you are about to embark on a long drive and want to make sure your car is safe. After an Interim Service, the National Tyres and Autocare branch staff will stamp your service book. This differs from an Express Service, where your service book will not be stamped. It is important to note here that cars with regular service history gain a higher value for resale.

If you are wanting to know how to check a vehicle's service history then please click on the related article below.

Related: Service history check

Full Service

Every 12 months, we recommend that you book your car for a Full Service at your local National branch. This should coincide with your MOT due date, so it would be beneficial to get both your car service and MOT check done at the same time.

A Full Service will include everything that is checked in an Express Service or an Interim Service but will also include 12 more vital checks. If you are wanting to give your car a thorough vehicle health check, then a Full Service at National is the perfect way to do this.

We offer an Interim Service + MOT check and also a Full Service + MOT check at our National branches. A Full Service + MOT Check will be eligible for Payment Assist. Payment Assist can be used to spread the cost over four months, meaning you can pay 25% on the day, then the remaining 75% over the next three month period. To learn more about Payment Assist, please click on the related article below.

Related: Spread the cost

Car Servicing by manufacturer

At National Tyres and Autocare, we will offer a service at the same high standard as you would receive at a manufacturer dealership. For example, if you are wanting a Mercedes Service, we use manufacturer-approved parts and will offer the same impeccably high standard that you would receive at a Mercedes-Benz dealership.

We hope that this article has given you some important information if you are wanting to find out how often you should service your car. Within the blog section of our website, we have a number of informative articles which are of interest to all UK drivers. Some of these articles include: Can you drive without an MOT?, How to top up engine coolant and How to change oil in a car.

Did you enjoy this blog post? |

Autogreen tyres
Avon tyres
Bridgestone tyres
Continental tyres
Dunlop tyres
Goodyear tyres
Michelin tyres
Pirelli tyres
Rovelo tyres
Sailun tyres
Uniroyal tyres
Yokohama tyres